Monday, December 8, 2008

shiny...


O... so shiny!!





Top view.....................................


Side view.......................



Top diagnal view......................




Front view......................................





For Social Studies, I had to make a "creative" and "original" Roman Coliseum model and write an essay on the history of the Coliseum. Well, somebody in my class suggested tinfoil, and I thought, oh, that will be easy. I'll just make some tinfoil blocks and stack 'em up. Not so. I successfully made about 6 small 1 inch x 1 inch blocks... in about half an hour. Not working. So then I had a bright idea. My little sister Kate had a box of light foam blocks in shapes of arches, cubes, etc. Because I didn't want to ruin the blocks by gluing then together, I went back to whole tinfoil thing and wrapped 'em up so I could use a hot glue gun to glue them together. Turned out pretty good. And pretty shiny. I got an A-! I was so happy... It was supposed to be 20 in. circumference, which is pretty big if you measure it out, and mine was 12 in. I was just glad I didn't get an F. Woo! Round of applause for me!!

1 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Very creative, to say the least.