Sunday, November 30, 2008

the boy in the striped pajamas and twilight



I just finished a book called "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas" by John Boyne. It is a book about the Holocaust from the perspective of a nine-year-old boy named Bruno with a Nazi soldier as a father. Bruno moves from his home in England to a deserted home near a camp for Jews called Out-With. There he meets a Jew boy who lives behind a fence with hundreds of striped pajama-wearing Jews. This boy becomes his only friend. Bruno doesn't really understand the concept of the Holocaust, or even that the Jews are beaten beyond the fence, so it is a simplistic but well-written book. It has a heartbreaking ending, but it is a beautifully written book. It is in the process of being made into a movie. I saw the preview for it when I was watching Twilight.

Twilight was amazing! 5/5 Stars! I saw it the Friday it came out and it was awesome!! It was a perfect image of the book. Jasper was hilarious! He was described as "That's Jasper. He's the one who always looks like he's in pain." I can't find a pic of him, so you'll have to go see the movie yourself! Yeah, so, read The Boy In the Striped Pajamas and watch Twilight!

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

I haven't read your book that you loved but it sounds very interesting. One of my favorite books of all time is still The Diary of Anne Frank because the perspective of a youth from that time is so meaningful. Anyway- I love love love your blog. It's very cute and I, of course, love all the shout-outs to Edward. Keep up the fun work...